Called the McHenry County Republican Presidential Committee, the unauthorized political action committee is run by John McCain’s McHenry County chairman, John McCrory.
On October 21st it gave $3,000 to the McHenry County Republican Central Committee.
That prompted me to look further. The committee was formed on June 11th.
Looking at the Federal Elections Commission reports, I see the committee shut its doors on October 22nd.
Before that happened, however, the PAC gathered $12,316.
- $1,330 – Thomas Malloy, Mundelein
- $1,200 – Dan Venturi, Lake Villa
- $1,000 – Robert Isham, Lake Bluff
- $500 – Thomas Goode, Crystal Lake
- $975 – Phil Hinds, Villa Park
- $500 – John Dabrowski, Bloomingdale
- $500 – David Hubbard, Crystal Lake
- $500 – Nancy Kubalanza, Fox Lake
- $500 – Mohan Manian, Schaumburg
- $500 – Joseph Salerno, Roselle
- $500 – Robert Trzaska, Barrington
- $260 – John McCrory, Crystal Lake
- $250 – Joann Osmon, Antioch
- $250 – Ed Sullivan, Mundelein
- $200 – Thomas Lawson, Barrington
- $200 – Jack Schaffer, Cary, but using his Crystal Lake business address
- $100 – Karen Kelly, Huntley
$3,151 was unitemized because it came in amounts less than $200.
Most of the money was spent on McCain-Palin signs and tee shirts.
Here’s how the money was spent:
- $6,841.88 on 9-25 for campaign signs from GOP Source in Cincinnati, Ohio
- $4,956.31 on 10-7 for campaign signs from GOP Source in Cincinnati, Ohio
- $2,053.24 on 10-21 for campaign signs from GOP Source in Cincinnati, Ohio
- $484 on 10-2 for McCain-Palin tee shirts from a Crystal Lake source whose name appears to be Tramako
- $412 on printing from Union’s Fair Price Printing
- $350.44 for food for a debate party from Sam’s Club
- $250 on 10-21 for food to McHenry County Republican Women
- $213.35 for sign posts from Home Depot
Didn’t know that local money had to be used to pay for campaign signs and tee shirts, did you?
At least in the John McCain campaign.