Of course not.
Rahm Emanuel wouldn’t do anything improper.
He wouldn’t trade something for a vote or an appointment or a contract.
He isn’t that kind of guy, right?
And won’t be as Presidential Chief-of-Staff.
But Barack Obama was quite interested in who his successor would be.
Here’s Obama’s list of suggestions, passed on the Governor Rod Blagojevich and his staff:
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky
- Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr.
- Ill. Comptroller Dan Hynes
- Illinois Veterans Affairs Director Tammy Duckworth
- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and
- Cheryl Jackson, Chicago Urban League leader and a former Blagojevich spokeswoman
Actual transcripts of discussions with Governor Rod Blagojevich and his lieutenants were not included in the report. U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has them.