The following press release has been received from Crystal Lake’s State Rep. Mike Tryon:
STATE REP. MIKE TRYON AWARDS SCHOLARSHIPS
Crystal Lake…. State Representative Michael Tryon (R-Crystal Lake) announced the winners of his 2008/09 General Assembly scholarships. The program awards eight one-year tuition-only scholarships at the University of Illinois or any other public university in the state and is judged by a scholarship committee.
“It is wonderful to be able to take advantage of our state university system and reward some our children for their hard work,” said Tryon. “This is one of the most fulfilling jobs of a state legislator.”
To qualify for the General Assembly Scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- The student must be enrolled in a degree granting program for the 2009 Fall and 2010 Spring semesters
- The student must be a resident of the 64th District
- The student must show evidence of good grades and leadership potential as demonstrated through extracurricular activities
- The student must be planning to continue his or her education within the Illinois State University System
“College can be a tremendous tool for our young adults working to make their way in the world. I am very happy to be involved in the process, helping students achieve their goals,” added Tryon.
The recipients of this year’s scholarships are
- Colleen Bechtold of Prairie Ridge High School attending Southern Illinois,
- Russell Cardelli of Dundee Crown High School attending University of Illinois,
- David Grochocki of Crystal Lake Central High School attending University of Illinois,
- Christopher Kang of Crystal Lake Central High School attending University of Illinois,
- Susannah Koch of Crystal Lake Central High School attending University of Illinois,
- Nashrah Maryum of Crystal Lake South High School attending University of Illinois,
- Shaina Murphy of Crystal Lake Central High School attending Illinois State University,
- Hiran Patel of Crystal Lake attending University of Illinois College of Medicine, and
- Alison Svoboda of Huntley High School attending University of Illinois Springfield.
For more information about the scholarship program, please contact Rep. Tryon at 815-459-6453.
Undoubtedly the med school scholarship is the most valuable.