Republican voters in half of McHenry County will see contests for county board as of the first day of filing.
- McHenry County Board Chairman Ken Koehler
- McHenry County College Board member Donna Kurtz (pictured left) and
- Incumbent County Board member Lyn Orphal
Petitions for Crystal Lake City Council member Ellen Brady Mueller were being passed, but were not turned in to the McHenry County Clerk’s office, so it could turn out to be a four-way race.
In District 3, comprised of Crystal Lake north of Crystal Lake Avenue up to McHenry and over to the Lake County line, the following filed:
- Veronica Armstrong of rural Crystal Lake
- Former County Board member Nick Provenzano of McHenry
- Karen Tynis of McHenry and
- County Board member Barb Wheeler (pictured right), who lives in Crystal Lake
- Richard Draper of Wonder Lake
- Diane Evertsen (pictured right) of Harvard
- Vic Narusis of Woodstock (pictured below right) and
- Incumbent Dan Ryan of Huntley
Incumbent Mary McCann has not filed. Neither have Mark Shepherd or Nick Carroccia, both of whom had reached the “mentioned” stage of the campaign.
In District 5, which is half represented by Democrats and consists of Woodstock, most of Bull Valley, the Grafton Township part of Lake in the Hills and most of Huntley in McHenry County, an expected contest did not manifest itself.
Only McHenry County Board member Tina Hill and former County Board member John Jung filed. Petitions are expected to be filed by former McHenry County Regional Education Board of Trustees member Dave Fredericks and former District 200 School Board member John Vrett.
District 1 Republicans incumbents Anna May Miller and Yvonne Barnes are thus far unopposedin the GOP primary. Only incumbent Sandy Salgado has filed for re-election in District 4.
= = = = =
This is probably as good a time as any to remind candidates that McHenry County Blog is wiling to run their press releases the way weekly newspapers used to. Just email them to me. A photo would be appreciated. Informal is preferred to posed.