With the primary election coming up in about five weeks, active citizens are starting to think more seriously about narrowing down their choices for contested offices.
At Zane Seipler’s fund raiser Wednesday night, for example, one person concluded that Andy McKenna was the most likely to be able to win the November election. Not a perfect candidate, but considering one needs three elements to win a campaign—issues, money and a candidate—his opponents don’t seem likely to put it together as well.
Now, National Taxpayers United of Illinois’ campaign arm, Tax Accountability, has put out its recommendations, I listed the ones that will be on area ballots.
- John Arrington – R
- Robert Marshall – D
- 8th District (McHenry, Lake and Cook) – Joe Walsh
- 14th District (Kane, DuPage and points west) – Randy Hultgren
- Dennis Cook – R
- Jason Plummer – R
- Randy White – R
- Chris Lauzen – R (Northern Kane County)
- Tim Schmirtz – R (Northern Kane County)
- John O’Neill – R (Jack Franks’ district)