Wonder what candidates for the McHenry County Board have to go through to be considered for an endorsement from the three local newspapers?
Over the next three days, we’ll let you know what the three newspapers interested in county board candidates asked in their questionnaires.
First, the Woodstock Independent:
3. Years in McHenry County:
4. Occupation and workplace:
6. Why are you running for a county board seat? What qualities do you possess that would make you the best person for the job?
7. What measures would you take to ensure a balanced county budget during tough fiscal times?
8. What are the most pressing social service needs in the county? How would you address them?
9. Are there any specific goals you wish to accomplish as a county board member during this term?
All seem to be pretty open-ended questions. Note that no specific issues are raised, so comparisons on things like gambling or the McHenry County Republican Cat Tax or putting the animal shelter on Route 14 in Crystal Lake or allowing the Mental Health Board to borrow millions to construct a building won’t be possible.