Spring Grove county board candidate Jeff Thirtyacre saw the Woodstock Independent’s questionnaire on Saturday, but hadn’t gotten it in the mail.
So, in a comment under the article, he answered them.
When one is a candidate, at least one for state office, one gets oddles.
I haven’t officially received this one yet but here is my answers on these questions.
1. Name: Jeff Thirtyacre
3. Years in McHenry County: 13 yrs.
4. Occupation and workplace: Highway Maintainer/ Illinois Department of Transportation/ Grayslake IL.
5. Education: High school Graduate: 1984 Hazel Park High School, Hazel Park, Michigan, Attending College of Lake County/ Engineering
6. A) Why are you running for a county board seat? We need a balance to our counties Government.
B) What qualities do you possess that would make you the best person for the job? I am the son of a thoroughbred horse trainer and my Grandfather was a farmer from Mercer County, in Eliza and we have always had to find ways of making a dollar go along way. I feel I can bring this trait to McHenry County and stretch our tax dollars farther. I don’t believe in games. We need common sense not politics controlling how we spend our tax dollars.
7. What measures would you take to ensure a balanced county budget during tough fiscal times? Put a hold on any non-essential construction jobs. Prioritize jobs and cut non-essential boards.
8. A) What are the most pressing social service needs in the county? Transportation needs. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
B) How would you address them? Seek ways to draw business back to our county and make it as prosperous as it once was.
9. Are there any specific goals you wish to accomplish as a county board member during this term? Get the county working for the taxpayers and try and create new jobs in our county to help with taxes so the taxpayers don’t carry the entire burden.