Considering the front page story in the Northwest Herald last week about there being one supervisor for every three deputies, I thought readers might be interested in what the supervisors get paid.
The following information was obtained through a Freedom of Information request from the Sheriff’s Department by challenger Zane Seipler’s campaign. It is posted at his secondary web site, MCSDExposed (for “McHenry County Sheriff’s Department Exposed,” I guess), but is no longer on its front page.
The 2009 Wage Report for MCSD was provided today via FOIA request. Keith Nygren’s salary was $149,259.32, a $5000 increase from last year. Listed below are the twenty four other deputy supervisors and the EEO.
- Under Sheriff Eugene Lowery $136,544.37
- Sergeant Porfirio Campos-Cruz $83,461.62
- Lieutenant Donald Carlson $97,580.59
- Sergeant Duane Cedegren $93,544.91
- Sergeant Michael Cisner $98,137.88
- Captain Anton Cundiff $107,519.33
- Sergeant Alex Embry $89,513.35
- Sergeant Karen Groves $87,891.53
- Sergeant Carolyn Hubbard $89,573.22
- Sergeant Donald Kalenick $85,544.37
- Sergeant John Koziol $99,558.30
- Lieutenant William Lutz $99,363.05
- Lieutenant John Miller $105,141.26
- Sergeant Kenneth Nielsen $92,378.49
- Sergeant Daniel Patenaud $88,171.19
- Sergeant Anthony Penna $98,320.79
- Sergeant James Popovits $101,143.16
- Sergeant Greg Pyle $94,183.61
- Sergeant Daniel Reineking $98,510.24
- Sergeant Steve Schmitt $90,072.54
- EEO Kathleen Seith $93,276.86
- Captain David Shepherd $120,966.40
- Sergeant James Wagner $92,968.84
- Lieutenant Andrew Zinke $103,835.64
- 17 supervisors increased there yearly income, 7 decreased or remained the same.
- Largest increases in yearly salary goes to Lowery +$10,000, Shepherd +$12,000 and Embry +$15,000
- Largest decreases in yearly salary goes to Cedegren -$4,000 and Carlson -$3,000