An interesting twist on the health care debate is a Wauconda forum being held by 8th congressional district challenger Joe Walsh. More interesting was the Republican’s invitation to incumbent Melissa Bean to attend.
Since she refused to hold any Town Hall meetings prior to the vote, no one expects her to show up.
Here’s the Walsh release:
8th District Health Care Forum Thursday Night!!
Please join our expert panel to discuss the recent health care vote and how it will affect the lives of 8th district families and businesses.
Unlike Melissa Bean’s private meetings, this forum will be open to the public. The panel will be fielding questions from the audience and sharing their information and experience relative to the government overhaul of the health care system that makes up 1/6 of the U.S. economy.
What: Health Care Forum
Sponsored by: Candidate for Congress Joe Walsh
When: Thursday, April 8, 2010
Time: 7 – 8:30 pm
Where: American Legion Post 911, 515 South Main St. Wauconda, IL
- Dr. Arie Friedman, MD, Pediatrician, Premier Pediatrics, S.C.
- Dr. George W. Christy, MD, Cardiologist, Advocate Christ Medical Center
- Peter Fotos, Director of Government Relations, The Heartland Institute
- Joe Fehsenfeld, President CEO, Midwest Printed Circuit Services, Inc.
- Joe Walsh, Candidate for Congress, Illinois 8th district