Zane Seipler, who challenged Sheriff Keith Nygren for McHenry County Sheriff in the Republican primary election, but lost, has continued commenting on activities concerning the Sheriff’s Department on his blog McHenry County Sheriff’s Department Exposed.
Today, he has published an article entitled
I reprint it with permission below:
On February 16th, 2010 MCSDEXPOSED stated that Lt. Andy Zinke would be the best choice for Under Sheriff and that we were hoping that Nygrenwould “Do the right thing”.
Andy Zinke is now Under Sheriff.
THANK YOU, Keith for finally doing the right thing.
Now let’s explain why Zinke was the only real choice Nygren had.
1.) Zinke is not entangled in the web of lawsuits that is going to be the downfall of Sheriff Nygren.
2.) To MCSDEXPOSED knowledge Zinke has
- never falsified evidence,
- concealed evidence,
- misstated facts,
- covered up wrong doing,
- intimidated employees,
- manipulated witnesses,
- used excessive force,
- committed aggravated battery,
- worked at a strip club while employed by the department,
- lied under oath,
- authored the “Diametrical Woodstock Advocate”,
- cheated on his taxes,
- falsified a secondary home rider,
- left the scene of a property damage,
- falsified an accident report for a subordinate,
- bought shots for a female corrections officer at Coleman’s Tavern and then let her drive,
- sexually harassed a subordinate,
- screamed obscenities at subordinates,
- promoted his girlfriend and given her a cushy job,
- facilitated the accidental shooting of a SWAT team member,
- put an innocent man on death row or
- committed Official Misconduct of any kind.
3.) Nygren is going to have to deal with some of the other applicants very harshly in the near future. It wouldn’t look good promoting them and then demoting and/or firing them later.
It is refreshing to see that good things are happening at MCSD.
Lowery is gone.
Schlenkert is back.
Now a good man will be in charge in of the daily operations.
Knowing that Zinke is at the helm, we wish Nygren would go back to Florida.