This post follows up on a press release from the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office about the conviction of Michael Braun for felony domestic battery.
Philip Hiscock, Chief of the Criminal Bureau of the McHenry County State’s Attorney sent me the following information:
After a jury trial and sentencing hearing, Judge (Joseph) Condon sentenced the defendant to the following:
- 24 total months of probation, the defendant was placed on intensive probation for the first 12 months;
- 120 days electronic monitoring;
- 200 hours public service work;
- A $1000 fine plus mandatory court costs;
- 32 days incarceration in the McHenry County jail with credit for 16 actual days served;
- No contact with the victim.
Braun could have been sentenced to up to three years in state prison.