The committee created by former McHenry County Republican Chairman Jack Schaffer to channel money into it that wouldn’t be examined too closely is called the Republican County Republican Foundation Committee. In June 2010, Bill LeFew was listed as chairman, but the front page for officers on the State Board of Elections web site now says Geri Davis is its chairman.
The committee received $1,405 from the following sources during the first six months of the year:
- $150 – Robert Boncosky, Crystal Lake
- $150 – Citizens for Mary Schostok
- $100 – Committee to Elect Ken Koehler
- $100 – Lake County Circuit Judge Ann Jorgenson
- $50 – Committee to Elect Keith Nygren
- $50 – Committee to Elect John O’Neill
That, plus $805 that was unitemized because it was less than $150.
$1,172 was spent on the following:
- $320 – Office Supplies
- $314 – Postage
- $200 – Devin Deckman, removal of signs and posts
- $120 – CL Graphics, business cards
- $100 – Elm Street Design, banner
- $68 – McHenry Specialties, award plaque
- $40 – McHenry County Fair, tickets
$870 is left.