The following press release from the Crystal Lake Police explains the extra police presence in Crystal Lake the first night of the Labor Day Weekend:
During the late evening hours of Friday, September 3rd to the early morning hours of Saturday, September 4, 2010, a roadside safety check was conducted in the City of Crystal Lake.
In this joint effort, officers from the
- Crystal Lake Police Department,
- Crystal Lake Park District Police, and
- the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department
stopped predetermined groups of vehicles traveling north on Illinois Route 31 near Rakow Road, checking for impaired or dangerous drivers.
A total of forty-eight (48) citations/complaints were generated during the five hour operation.
Of the citations/arrests made;
- four (4) subjects were arrested for Driving While under the Influence of Alcohol,
- three (3) for No Valid Driver’s License,
- one (1) for Driving While License Revoked, and
- Fifteen (15) for Operation of an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- four (4) complaints were drafted for Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and
- two (2) for Unlawful Possession of Cannabis.
Events such as these prove to highlight the overwhelming need to remain vigilant with regard to traffic enforcement, in an effort to ensure the safety of the motoring public. The Crystal Lake Police Department is committed to promoting safe driving habits, and the apprehension of impaired or dangerous drivers.
Roadside safety checks, saturation patrols, and cooperative efforts such as this event further that endeavor, and will be repeated year-round.
This roadside safety check was paid for with a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation.