Besides looking at lobbying expenses, Sunshine Review also examines governmental web sites.
McHenry County’s is praised for having
- Annual fiscal reports are available online.
- 2008 Budget is online.
- Building and zoning permit information is available.
- Board meeting minutes and agendas are available.
- A full listing of county board members and contact information is posted.
- Tax bills can be viewed and paid online. Tax rates are also posted.
- Freedom of Information Requests available on-line.
There are more good things on the web site, including a variety of maps. Take a look at what you can find on them.
The web site is criticized for
- not having county contracts online and
- not disclosing memberships in taxpayer-funded lobbying associations