A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
On Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 at approximately 5:00 a.m., a 25 year old female complainant came to the police department and reported that she had been the victim of domestic violence, held against her will, and that her life had been threatened.
The subsequent investigation revealed on that date from approximately 1:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. the complainant’s husband had allegedly punched, choked, held the complainant against her will, and made death threats to the extent of holding a knife to her throat.
Police ultimately obtained warrants for the complainant’s 30 year old husband, Jamie J. Richards, in regard to this incident.
Richards was charged with
- Aggravated Domestic Battery (Class 2 Felony),
- Unlawful Restraint (Class 4 felony), Unlawful Interference with the Reporting of Domestic Violence and Aggravated Assault (both Class A misdemeanors),
as a result of a report of an incident involving a family member on October 2nd, 2010 at his residence.
Richards was transferred to the McHenry County Jail where he made an appearance in bond court where
- his bond was set at $60,000.00,
- a no contact order was issued, and
- a court date of 10/12/10 was set. He currently remains in the custody of the McHenry County Adult Correctional Facility.