An email from 8th District Democrats:
Eighth District Democrats & Independents
Joe Walsh Town Halls, starting Sunday
Our accidental Congressman, Joe Walsh, will be holding a series of “listening tour” town halls this month. I suggest we all go and give him an earful. That is, let him know that he doesn’t just represent the Tea Party by asking him some reasonable questions he will have a hard time answering in a way that isn’t alarming to anybody other than his base. The press is very likely to be there and will be quite interested in his answers.
Some questions you might want to ask (or any burning question you have):
- How will you bring jobs and businesses to the Eighth District?
- What is your plan for getting banks to lend to small businesses in the Eighth District?
- What do you think your win over Melissa Bean has given you a mandate to do in Congress?
- What do you mean by the revolution you talked about during the campaign and how do you plan to accomplish it in Washington?
- How will you vote when Congress is asked to raise the debt ceiling after you take office? (If they don’t vote to do it, the government will shut down, as it did in 1994.)
- Will you vote to repeal Obamacare and why? (Yes, call it that to get an honest answer.)
- Do you think we should add $700 billion to the deficit over the next ten years just to give tax cuts to people making more than $250,000 per year? Since you are a deficit hawk, will you vote against such tax cuts even if Republican leadership asks you to vote for them?
The town halls are scheduled for:
Sunday December 12
Lake Zurich Police Department
200 Mohawk Trail (across from Ela Library)
Monday December 13
McHenry West High School
4724 W. Crystal Lake Road
Tuesday December 14
Prairie Center for the Arts
201 Schaumburg Ct.
Tuesday December 16
Gurnee Village Hall
325 N. O’Plaine Rd.
Now is not the time to be silent!
Eighth District Democrats & Independents (EDDI) Executive Board
Nancy Shepherdson, Chair
Wendy M. Warden, 1st Vice Chair
Anne F. Gueringer Johnson, 2nd Vice Chair
Gail Specht, Secretary
Kathryn Hausman, Treasurer