Former Supervisor of Assessments Donna Mayberry, a new member of Crystal Lake Kiwanis, came up with the funniest Christmas present for the under $15 exchange at the Crystal Lake County Club party last night.
The imaginative lady came up with a Gulf Coast vacation in a box, the outside of which you see below:
GULF COAST BEACH VACATION IN A BOX
Can’t get to the Gulf Coast for a winter vacation?
You have the next best thing! Please follow instructions and enjoy!
- Turn thermostat to 90 degrees.
- Assemble portable beach
- Affix palm tree to inside wall of beach container.
- Pour sand into container.
- Place shells on sand.
- Sprinkle oil over beach scene.
- Choose sunny spot in room to place beach lounge chair (not provided).
- Put on sunglasses and then raise to top of head, Palm Beach style.
- Recline in chair and commence to read paperback book, while glancing occasionally at beach scene.
Note: To enhance ambiance, a small fan (not provided) might be strategically placed to duplicate ocean breezes.
= = = = =
Included in the box were a plastic palm tree, a container of sand, sea shells, a bottle of oil, a book of short stories by John Grisham entitled, “Ford County,” and sun glasses.
Laughter surrounded the table.