The McHenry County Sheriff’s Department has attracted the attention of the Chicago Tribune.
Two weeks ago, a front-page story about drug sniffing dogs mentioned McHenry County Deputy Sheriff Jeremy Bruketta.
Now a wide-ranging Freedom of Information request has been filed by Schaumburg-based reporter Joe Mahr are three years of data which seem to mirror the information requested by former Sheriff’s Deputy Zane Seipler.
Dear FOIA Officer:
Please consider this a request under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
This request includes the following:
1) Electronic records that denote basic information on every traffic stop made by the department, from Jan. 1, 2007, through Dec. 31, 2010. The basic information should include, but may not be limited to:
- Ticket #/ Warning #
- Issue Date
- Issue Time
- Name of Issuing Officer
- Name of Person Stopped
- Birth Date (or, in the alternative, birth year) of Person Stopped
- Sex of Person Stopped
- Race of Person Stopped
- Reason for Stop
- Result of Stop
- Location of stop (if available)
Please note that the data we are seeking (above) may be similar, but is not specifically, the data submitted to the state for the traffic stop data
That data is based on traffic stops (with one listing for every stop, no matter how many citations or warnings are issued).
We understand the department keeps a separate database based on each ticket or citation (with one line for each ticket – so if one stop results in two tickets it has two lines, even if they were given to the same driver).
It is the separate citation/ warning data we are seeking, exported in a commonly accepted, text-based format, such as delimited, fixed-width, Excel, D-base, or Access.
This request also includes a copy of any file layout, or schema, of the provided records, to explain what fields of data are provided, and in what format.
= = = = =
Recent stories which might add to your knowledge on the issuing of tickets by the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department:
- 11-16-10 A Day in Zane Seipler’s Court Case Against Sheriff Keith Nygren – Part 1
- 12-24-10 Transcript in Last Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 1
- 12-25-10 Transcript in Last Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 2
- 12-27-10 Transcript in Last Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 4
- 12-29-10 Transcript in Last Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 6
- 12-30-10 Transcript in Last Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 7
- 1-1-11 Transcript in Zane Seipler Wrongful Termination Court Hearing – Part 9