Morning came and the snow was high.
And, there was a beeping noise in the Skinner household.
It was in the basement next to the furnace.
The carbon monoxide detector.
The furnace was off, but why?
Expert in all sorts of things mechanical Marty Walter of Walter Alarm suggested that the pipes to the outside might be covered with snow and he was right.
NICOR redirected my call to the Lakewood Fire Department and a fire truck appeared.
I sent my son and a friend down the driveway to show the firemen which house had made the call.
The boys accomplished their mission.
The sleepover guys had already shoveled out the pipes, but the fireman made sure.
We were just the second call of the day.
Although the roads were passable, there was no traffic.