An email from McHenry County College Board candidate Linda Liddell:
My name is Linda Liddell and I am running for McHenry County College Trustee. I am contacting you today to offer information in hopes of gaining your support at the polls tomorrow, April 5.
I strongly believe the board of trustees needs leadership that promotes transparency and fiscal responsibility. Like you, I have learned of the challenges faced by the board and college. I believe my business experience and collaborative leadership style could make a difference. If elected, I intend to ensure MCC is efficient and purposeful in the manner that tax money is allocated and spent. My goals are to:
- insure community engagement
- promote MCC in the local community and government
- drive a stronger connection between the college, our county’s schools and businesses
Below is a brief synopsis of my background and experiences:
- Knowledge of MCC: Community member for the MCC strategic planning and MAP engagement sessions; donor/contributor to Friends of MCC; children attended classes on the campus; attend and support events sponsored by MCC.
- Work experience: 25 year career in the communications technology field in sales and product management positions; 4 years active duty as officer in the United States Army.
- Personal: Grew up on a farm in South Dakota and graduated from South Dakota State University; have lived in Crystal Lake for 21 years; have 3 children between the ages of 21 and 26. “Glass half full” type of personality.
- Community activities: Serve on the Board of Directors for Hearthstone Community in Woodstock; member of Rotary of Crystal Dawnbreakers; serve on marketing committee for Leadership Greater McHenry County; support local organizations and fine art offerings in the community; attend church in Crystal Lake and have interests in golf, biking, art, bridge, reading and travel.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I appreciate you taking the time to learn more and hope you will support me tomorrow, April 5th.