Grafton Township, Huntley Lions, MCD Environmental Plan Electronic Recycling Day with COM2 Recycling
Grafton Township is coordinating an event with the Huntley Lions Club, MDC Environmental Company and COM2 Recycling Solutions to bring residents and businesses an opportunity to recycle their electronic waste and data destruction and security. The e-waste recycling is free.
E-waste is the common name for electronic products that have reached the end of their useful life.
Electronic waste is one of the fastest growing disposal problems in the State of Illinois.
Because of heavy metals and other toxic substances contained in these items, the state has pending regulation regarding the prohibition of their disposal in public landfills.
It is currently prohibited in other states.
The Grafton Township E-Waste Recycling Event allows residents or businesses to drop off their electronic waste free of charge.
COM2 Recycling Solutions collects these materials, strips them of their hazardous and toxic components, and recycles all other material. It’s a win-win situation for the entire community!
Volunteers from the Huntley Lions Club, MDC Environmental Company and other community organizations will be there to help unload your items from your car.
Please call if you would like to volunteer to help.
Grafton Township is located at 10109 Vine Street, Huntley Illinois 60142, near the intersection of RT 47 and Reed Road.
Volunteers and signs will direct you to the drop off area.
Please call Linda Moore, Grafton Township Supervisor, 1-847-669-3328 with any questions or to volunteer to help.
What you can bring to recycle:
- Computer monitors (CRTs, plasmas, LCD displays)
- Computer systems, laptop and notebook computers
- Televisions (stand-alone, console, widescreen, projection, CRT, plasma, LCD)
- DVD players and Video game consoles
- Computer peripherals (printers, scanners, copiers, fax)
- Computer accessories (keyboards, mice, speakers, cords, cables)
- External disk memory and hard disk drives (*confidential data destruction ilable)
- Circuit boards and electronic components/chips
- Network hubs, modems, wireless devices and routers
- Audio Equipment (MP3 players, iPods, Walkmen, radios and stereo components)
- Office and business equipment (PDAs, telephone telecommunications/ switching systems, photocopiers, multi-function machines)
- Cellular phones and chargers, pagers and palm pilots
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- Toner cartridges (ink jet and laser jet)
- CDs, DVDs, and magnetic tape
- Household batteries
- Consumer electric items (oscillating fans, desk & floor lamps)
- Small kitchen appliances (toaster, toaster oven, blender, mixer, microwave oven, etc.)
- Large or small power tools
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Small personal cosmetic appliances (hair dryers, shavers, curling irons, electric toothbrushes)
- Large appliance (refrigerators, washers, dryers)
- Furniture, tires, wood, asbestos, office waste, insulation, fiberglass, roofing, solid waste
- Light bulbs, fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- Oil, Antifreeze, Paint
- Car Batteries, gas cylinders
- Pesticides, Oil filters, Mercury switches
- Compressors, air conditioners, Freon
- Capacitors, transformers, ballast
- Fire arms, ammunition, shells