Lake Barrington resident Kent Gaffney was sworn in as Mark Beaubien’s replacement in Judge Marty Zopp’s Woodstock courtroom this 4th of July morning.
After the swearing in ceremony, new state representatives have to sign the oath to which they have sworn.
The former Budget Director for House Minority Leader Tom Cross was surrounded by his wife and two little boys.
A bevy of local politicians were in the audience.
Here are the politicians I recognize in the audience:
- State Rep. and McHenry County Party Chairman Mike Tryon, who engineered Gaffney’s appointment
- State Senator Pam Althoff
- Woodstock Mayor Brian Sager
- Algonquin Township Road Commissioner Bob Miller
- McHenry County Board member Anna May Miller
Cameras were apparently allowed in the sacrosanct courthouse because the photos you see were sent by Robin F. Pendergrast Photography, Inc.