A press release from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs:
IDVA to host “Helping Our Hometown Heroes” veterans benefits fair August 19th in Woodstock
CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA) is hosting a free Helping Our Hometown Heroes benefits fair for veterans on Friday, August 19th in Woodstock at the Woodstock Opera House (121 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, 60098). The fair will bring federal, state and local agencies and organizations together in one location.
“Helping Our Hometown Heroes is a great resource for veterans to learn about and tap into all the benefits they have earned and are entitled to receive,” said newly appointed IDVA Director Erica Borggren. “We appreciate all of the agencies that support these events and are working hard to serve veterans and their families in this community.”
Many federal, state and local agencies and organizations throughout the region will attend the event, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The program is free and open to the public.
Among the participating organizations are the
- McHenry County Veterans’ Assistance Commission,
- McHenry County Supervisor of Assessments,
- Transitional Living Services of McHenry County,
- Lake & McHenry Veteran and Family Services,
- Congressman Don Manzullo’s office,
- State Representative Jack Franks’ office,
- McHenry County College,
- BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding Program,
- Helmets to Hardhats,
- Illinois Attorney General’s Office,
- Illinois Comptroller’s Office,
- Illinois Secretary of State’s Office,
- Illinois State Treasurer’s Office,
- Illinois Department on Aging,
- Social Security Administration,
- Veterans’ Administration (Lovell),
- Chase Bank, and Fifth Third Bank
Other organizations and vendors who are interested in participating, please contact the McHenry County Veteran Service Officer Ted Biever at (815) 338-9292.
For more information and future events, please visit the Helping Our Hometown Heroes website.