There are four spots to fill in each County Board districts. Because of reapportionment all County Board members must run for election to retain their posts.
In District 6, the most rural in McHenry County, incumbent Randy Donley has announced that he is retiring, so there is an open seat.
Below is the formal announcement for former Huntley School Board President Shawn Green:
Shawn Green – Republican Candidate for McHenry County Board District 6
The Committee to Elect Shawn Green is pleased to announce Mr. Green’s candidacy for the 6th District of the McHenry County Board.
Shawn is a ten year resident of McHenry County; he and his wife Angela are raising their two daughters in unincorporated Coral Township.
- a veteran police sergeant for a large suburban municipality,
- Republican Precinct Committeeman, and former president of the District 158 Board of Education.
Shawn has a solid record of leadership, fiscal accountability, and transparency in government.
During his five year tenure on the school board, the district
- got its financial house in order,
- experienced significant gains in student achievement, and
- attained true reform in openness and transparency.
As a McHenry County Board member, Shawn will be committed to
- fostering responsible growth,
- insisting on pro-business and pro-jobs policies,
- conserving open space,
- protecting ground water supplies,
- ensuring governmental transparency, and
- safeguarding taxpayers’ interests.