Dave McSweeney’s vs. Kent Gaffney’s vs. Danielle Rowe’s Finances Thus Far – $19,500 vs. $33,400 vs. $9,500
Here’s contributions and loans over $1,000 that just officially announced State Rep. candidate David McSweeney has reported raising so far in his campaign. In his press release, he said he had raised or had commitments for $250,000.
$19,500 has been reported to the Illinois State Board of Elections so far.
McSweeney is trying to unseat Kent Gaffney, who was appointed to replace Mark Beaubien, and will also face Danielle Rowe, who is set to announce her candidacy Thursday.
- 9-22 $7,500 – Loan from candidate
- 10-8 $5,000 – Gerald R. Forsythe, CEO, Indeck Power Equipment, Wheeling, IL 60090
- 10-8 $2,500 – Richard W. Porter, Kirkland & Ellis, Winnetka
- 10-8 $2,500 – Thomas G. Fitzgerald, Attorney, BankNote Capital Corp, Naples, FL
- 10-11 $2,000 – Daniel Dickinson, Hawthorn Woods
Compare that to the big money–about $33,400–that Gaffney has raised:
- 8-1 $1,000 – Citizens for Jim Watson, Jacksonville
- 8-1 $1,000 – Citizens for Jim Durkin, Western Springs
- 8-15 $5,000 – Vincent Foglia, CEO, Sage Products, No. Barrington
- 8-15 $5,000 – Patricia Foglia, Patricia, Homemaker, No. Barrington
- 8-15 $1,000 – James Lancaster, Retired, Barrington Hills
- 8-15 $1,000 – Illinois State Medical Society PAC, Chicago, IL 60602 $1,000.00
- 8/15 $1,000 – Roxelyn, Homemaker, Barrington
- 8/24 $4,000 – Citizens for Mark Beaubien, Barrington
- 8/26 $1,000 – Citizens for Sullivan, Mundelein
- 8/29 $8,381.65 – Citizens for Mark Beaubien
- 9/2 $1,000 – AT&T Services, Chicago
- 9/27 $1,000 – Abbott Laboratories Employee PAC, Abbott Park
- 10/4 $2,000 – Ameren, St. Louis
When I was in the Illinois House of Representatives Leader Lee Daniels pressed members to donate thousands of dollars to the House Republican Campaign Fund. As an alternative, contributions to designated endangered colleagues were acceptable. It is conceivable that current Republican House Leader Tom Cross, who served on Daniels’ Leadership Team before taking him out, has continued the same practice. $3,000 has been contributed from Gaffney’s House colleagues.
Ameren, along with Commonwealth Edison, is seeking an October override of Governor Pat Quinn’s veto for its so-called “Smart Grid.” Enactment that will raise electricity rates. (Alternatively Com Ed wants a mildly amended version passed.) Com Ed ally Ameren is the electric utility based in St. Louis, not exactly a household name in Commonwealth Edison’s franchise area.
Danielle Rowe also has reported some contributions over $1,000–$9,500 so far:
- 9/1 $2,500 – Berger Excavating Contractors, Wauconda
- 9/6 $1,000 – William W. Kennedy (Rev Liv Tr), Owner, Kennedy Homes, South Barrington
- 9/6 $1,500 – M.J. Miller & Co. International, Barrington
- 9/10 $2,000 – Eric Weeder, McHenry
- 9/12 $2,500 – M.J. Miller & Co. International, Barrington
There are familiar Barrington area names contributing to all candidates, although I notice that one, Thomas Fitzgerald, now has a Florida address.