A press release from State Rep. Mike Tryon:
State Representative Michael W. Tryon Earns “Perfect Score” from Illinois Policy Institute
SPRINGFIELD…..The Illinois Policy Institute has given State Representative Mike Tryon (R-Crystal Lake) a perfect rating of 100% for votes cast during the first half of 2011 in the General Assembly.
The Illinois Policy Institute is a conservative think tank which promotes fiscal responsibility, job creation and free enterprise. Institute officials follow individual lawmakers’ votes in the areas of budgets, taxes, education, business climate and government transparency.
Tryon received his perfect score in the institute’s 2011 mid-year Legislative Vote Card. The vote card is issued twice each year with the first issue released following the conclusion of the Spring legislative session, and the second after the conclusion of the General Assembly’s fall veto session.
Tryon’s score was achieved through his votes (shown in parentheses) on the following bills:
- Senate Bill 2505: Lame Duck Session Income Tax Hike (N)
- House Bill 3659: Lame Duck Session Online Affiliate Tax (N)
- House Bill 111: PAYGO (Y)
- Senate Bill 79: Charter Schools (Y)
- Senate Bill 7: Performance Counts (Y)
- House Bill 2987: Project Labor Agreements (N)
- Senate Bill 43: Tax Transparency (Y)
- House Bill 1079: Higher Ed Transparency (Y)
- House Bill 1512: Sunshine (Y)
“Everyone in Springfield talks about responsible spending, job creation, the importance of good schools and of how we must restore integrity to Illinois government,” said Tryon. “
“My votes on these issues illustrate my true commitment toward making these ideas a reality in Illinois.”