State Rep. candidate David McSweeney has sent his fourth direct mail piece to prospective constituents in the 52nd District.
While he undoubtedly has residual name identification resulting from his run for Congress in the 8th District against Melissa Bean, people have short memories about politicians.
This piece has a soft side and a hard side.
The soft side features the women in his family, his wife and his daughters. It’s where the address is.
The hard side takes on legislative salaries and fringe benefits.
McSweeney says he wants to
- get rid of legislative pensions
- cut legislative salaries 10%
- ban taxpayer financed mailings
- cut the administrative part of the legislative budget 10%
- prohibit the use of legislative staff for campaign work
- end special legislative scholarships
It’s hard to believe that he would find much opposition to such proposals, considering the mood of the public.
McSweeney is running against appointed State Rep. Kent Gaffney and Danielle Rowe.
Has anyone received a mailing for either of them?