With the exception of any Democrats, most of those wanting to serve on the McHenry County Board filed petitions in the County Clerk’s Office today.
An asterisk in front of a name means they filed at 8 AM when the office opened and will take part in a lottery to determine the order on the ballot.
Four will be elected from each district.
Benefits include power, prestige, about $20,000 a year in salary with no attendance requirements, plus health and pension benefits that can be worth up to about $20,000.
Filing ends at 4:30 next Monday.
Republicans in District 1 follow:
- *Yvonne M. Barnes, Cary
- *Anna May Miller, Cary
- Robert “Bob” Bless, Fox River Grove
In District 2, the following will be on the ballot, pending any challenges:
- *James L. Heisler, Crystal Lake
- *Carolyn Schofield, Crystal Lake
- Kenneth (Ken) D. Koehler, Crystal Lake
The lively District 3 contest features
- *Mary R. Alger, Crystal Lake
- *Mary L. Donner, Crystal Lake
- *Joseph (Joe) Gottemoller, Crystal Lake
- *Mary McClellan, Holiday Hills
- *Linda (Lyn) Orphal, Crystal Lake
- *Nick Provenzano, McHenry
District 4 aspirants follow:
- *John D. Hammerand, Wonder Lake
- *Sandra Fay Salgado, McHenry
- *Edward Varga, Richmond
- Robert “Bob” M Martens, Sr, Spring Grove
District 5 contestants in the GOP primary so far are
- John P. Jung, Jr., Woodstock
- Tina R. Hill, Woodstock
In District 6, the following have submitted petitions:
- *Diane F. Evertsen, Harvard
- *Shawn Green, Union
- *David LaGue, Marengo
- *Mary T. McCann, Woodstock
- *Ersel C. Schuster, Woodstock
- *Rachel Elizabeth Smith, Wonder Lake, IL 60097
- Michele R. Aavang, Woodstock
Republican incumbents not filing yet are
- Marc Munaretto of Algonquin,
- Robert Nowak of Cary, Donna Kurtz of Crystal Lake,
- Pete Merkel of McHenry,
- Barb Wheeler of Crystal Lake, who is running for State Representative,
- Sue Draffkorn of Wonder Lake and
- Virginia Peschke of Bull Valley.
Neither Democratic Party incumbents Kathy Bergan Schmidt or Paul Yensen submitted petitions.
= = = = =
Candidates are invited to share their backgrounds, reasons for running, platforms, etc., on McHenry County Blog. The email address is to the left.