A press release from Congressman Joe Walsh:
Congressman Walsh’s 2011 Wrap-Up
In November 2012, you sent me to Washington to change the way this town does business, and I have fought tirelessly to fulfill that promise. It is no secret that Washington’s spending is out-of-control and, while some short-term progress has been made in reining in that reckless spending, there is still much left that needs to be done.
As I promised you, I voted again and again against bills that
increased spending, raised taxes, and stunted job creation.
As Chairman of the Small Business Committee’s Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax, and Capital Access, I know firsthand that American small businesses, not more stimulus and big government, will pull us out of this recession. We need to get big government out of the way, and let small business grow and create jobs on their own. That is the only recipe for job creation and economic growth.
That is why I have opposed attempts by Congress to kick the can down the road and pass our stifling national debt onto future generations. I repeatedly opposed short-term funding gimmicks and fought for real solutions to our mounting debt and reckless government spending.
In fact, I introduced a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution – it is the only real solution to our economic mess. Only a Balanced Budget Amendment will stop Washington’s reckless, unsustainable spending and save future generations from an ever-growing mountain of debt.
I also promised you that I would be the most accessible member of Congress. In 2011, I held at least one cup of Joe every week I was home, and I hosted a slew of town hall meetings and tele-town halls to stay in constant contact with my constituents in Illinois. These events gave me the opportunity to listen to the voices, ideas, and concerns of my constituents, and to share with you everything that was happening in Washington.
In 2012, I will continue the work you sent me to Congress to do.
I will continue to fight for
- job creation,
- fiscal responsibility, and
- American small businesses.
We must get big government out of the way, get Washington’s reckless spending under control, and get America back to work.
- Introduced a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that has 59 cosponsors and has become the primary BBA supported by the conservative Republican Study Committee
- Heritage Action ranked Walsh in its top ten members on its most recent scorecard – this includes both House and Senate Members
- Introduced with Rep. Issa the Constitutional Protection Act, legislation that would halt the implementation of ObamaCare until a legal verdict is issued on its constitutionality
- Remained on the frontlines of defending the Second Amendment from United Nations intervention by introducing the Second Amendment Protection Act
- Demanded Attorney General Eric Holder resign for his role in Operation Fast and Furious
- Sent a letter with 39 colleagues to President Obama calling for him to hold Attorney General Eric Holder accountable for his role in Operation Fast and Furious
- Signed the Cut, Cap, and Balance Pledge along with 39 of my colleagues
- ntroduced three pieces of hard-hitting legislation to defend our critical ally Israel and hold the United Nations accountable for its failure to be an honest broker in the Middle East
- Signed the Term Limits Pledge (one of only 10 current House members to do so)and introduced legislation with Reps. Schweikert and Duncan to establish term limits for both House and Senate Members
- Walsh to Obama: Quit Lying
- Rep. Joe Walsh on Neil Cavuto Discussing the Tea Party & Holders Resignation
- Fox News: Rep. Walsh Discusses Debt Ceiling Debate