Below are the people who have filed to run write-in campaigns in McHenry County:
For public officer there are two Democrats:
- John Joseph Polachek – United States President [Polachek did not filed a copy, not an original document, so there will not be a write-in spot for President on the ballot]
- Jeff S. Thirtyacre - 64th District Representative
Polackek isn’t local. He is from Chicago. The link to Thirtyacre has his background. He will have to obtain 500 votes to appear on the fall ballot against Republican Barb Wheeler.
For Republican Precinct Committeeman, there are six:
- Cynthia Allen Schenk – Marengo 3
- Michael Clarke – Chemung 3
- Donald J. Drzal - Grafton 18
- Mark Widhalm – McHenry 3
- David Goss – Algonquin 38
- Sharon Ann Meroni – Algonquin 45
- Kenneth Poling - Algonquin 54
Cynthia Allen Schenk was an unsuccessful candidate for the Marengo Grade School Board last year.
Michael Clarke is a newly-elected Alderman in Harvard. “I was the only city council member who voted against raising Harvard’s property tax levy,” he told me.
Donald J. Drzal is on Huntley’s District 158 School Board. He was aligned with the Grafton Township Trustees at the Annual Meeting two years ago, I found when I ran a search of his name in past McHenry County Blog articles.
Mark Widhalm is running on the Ron Paul slate for Delegate to the National Convention.
Dave Goss is a former Crystal Lake City Councilman who now serves on the city’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Sharon Ann Meroni runs Defend the Vote, an organization that seems to be a lineal descendent of Operation LEAP (Legal Elections in All Precincts) and filed an objection to President Barack Obama’s petitions.
Ken Poling was active in politics in Michigan before moving to Crystal Lake.
For Democratic Precinct Committeeman, there are three:
- Robert S. Jackson – Dorr 8
- Barbara Bovinet – McHenry 14
- Sandra Bartholmey – Algonquin 10
Robert S. Jackson of Woodstock was an unsuccessful candidate for the McHenry County College Board
Change.org reports that Barbara Bovinet’s interests line in human rights and criminal justice from the petitions she has signed.