A press release from State Rep. candidate David McSweeney about a survey he just took:
Subject: Survey results
The following are results from a survey among N=301 Republican primary voters in Illinois House District 52. This survey was conducted February 9-11, 2012. The margin of error to the results is +5.7% at the .95 test level.
Poll results show David McSweeney has nearly universal name awareness and a strong positive image rating. Nine in ten (91%) respondents indicate they have heard the name David McSweeney and 43% have a positive impression of him. Additionally, McSweeney’s name awareness and positive image ratings are much higher than his opponents’ ratings.
The name awareness and image ratings among all candidates are as follows:
- McSweeney: 43% positive, 7% negative, 40% no opinion, and 9% never heard of
- Gaffney: 15% positive, 3% negative, 47% no opinion, and 36% never heard of
- Rowe: 3% positive, 3% negative, 31% no opinion, and 62% never heard of
As a result of relatively high name awareness and positive image, McSweeney has a strong lead on the ballot.
Nearly half of respondents (47%) indicate they would vote for McSweeney if the election were held today, while 9% would vote for Gaffney and 4% would vote for Rowe.
Two in five voters (40%) are still undecided.
Five in six respondents (84%) indicate they will definitely vote in the upcoming Republican primary election while the other 16% indicate they might vote. McSweeney earns 49% among those who will definitely vote and he enjoys above average support (54%) among “hard Rs” (voters who voted in all three of the last three GOP primary elections).
Baselice & Associates, Inc.
= = = = =
Let me put the hard R’s survey results so that you can read it better:
- McSweeney – 47%
- Gaffney – 9%
- Rowe – 4%