A press release from Congressman Don Manzullo:
National Journal Rankings Confirm Manzullo Much More Conservative Than Kinzinger
[WASHINGTON] – The National Journal, an authoritative non-partisan news source on politics and policy in our nation’s capital, has confirmed that Congressman Don Manzullo (R-IL) is much more serious than his opponent about
- cutting wasteful Washington spending,
- balancing the budget, and
- paying down the national debt.
In its study of roll call votes from 2011, National Journal ranked
- Manzullo as 3rd most conservative from Illinois (composite score of 73.7) while
- his opponent, Congressman Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), was ranked 8th most conservative from Illinois (composite score of 58.2).
In fact, Kinzinger was closer in score to the Democrat he unseated (Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson had a composite score of 48.2 in 2010) than Manzullo.
These non-partisan rankings confirm previously released rankings from conservative organizations Heritage Action for America and Americans for Prosperity that show Manzullo is much more fiscally conservative than Kinzinger.
“These non-partisan National Journal rankings confirm what every major conservative organization has stated – I am the much more conservative candidate who is most serious about cutting wasteful Washington spending, balancing the budget, and paying down our national debt,” Manzullo said.
“We are at a crossroads in our great country and we must get serious about cutting spending.
“Since 2007 alone, I have voted more than 700 times to cut more than $2.6 trillion in spending because our government is too large and too intrusive. I have consistently voted to cut spending – even before it was popular – and I will continue to do so because the government doesn’t belong in every aspect of our lives.”
The vote rankings also confirm why Manzullo has received all the endorsements from the major national and statewide conservative groups, including:
- Illinois Tea Party
- Family-PAC federal
- Eagle Forum of Illinois
- Illinois Federation for Right to Life PAC
- Illinois Citizens for Life federal PAC
- Illinois Conservatives (4,000 conservatives across Illinois under 35 years old)
- RedState Editor and CNN political commentator Erick Erickson
- The Madison Project
In fact, Manzullo voted last year 79 more times than Kinzinger to cut $209 billion more in spending than Kinzinger. In addition, Manzullo voted for the only budget alternative that would have cut $9.1 trillion in spending and balanced the budget within 10 years.
Kinzinger voted against the bill.