State Senate candidate Karen McConnaughay has sent the following press release. She is running against Cliff Surges.
McConnaughay gets a clean sweep of newspaper endorsements
Tribune says “she can’t get to Springfield fast enough”
St. Charles, IL—State Senate candidate Karen McConnaughay (R-33) completed a clean sweep of newspaper endorsements when she received the enthusiastic support of the Chicago Tribune. Along with the Kane County Chronicle, the Northwest Herald and the Daily Herald, McConnaughay has been endorsed by every daily paper serving her district that is making selections in the March 20 primary.
“The endorsements all cite the same thing…leadership,” said McConnaughay, who currently serves as Chairman of the Kane County Board.
“No matter how many fabricated distractions are conjured up in this race, these editors see through the smokescreen and judge candidates on their merits. I am proud that I have earned their endorsements.”
In her races for County Board Chairman and now for the Senate, McConnaughay has received every available daily newspaper endorsement, and is consistently praised for her leadership and accomplishments and the 2012 primary campaign is no exception.
- “McConnaughay has a take charge attitude and the results to back it up.” –Chicago Tribune 3/5/12
- “McConnaughay’s answers to our survey ought to be required reading for everyone in the General Assembly.” –Chicago Tribune
- “She can’t get to Springfield fast enough if you ask us.” –Chicago Tribune
- McConnaughay has “a track record for working to get things done.” –Daily Herald, 2/23/12
- McConnaughay is “clearly far more experienced.” –Daily Herald
- “McConnaughay has acquired valuable experience.” –Kane County Chronicle 2/23/12
- “McConnaughay has established herself as a strong leader.” –Kane County Chronicle
- “It is McConnaughay’s track record of government achievement that distinguishes her.” –Northwest Herald 2/23/12
- “We expect her to accomplish much at the state level.” –Northwest Herald
The newspaper endorsements add to McConnaughay’s broad-based support from civic leaders, elected officials and the business community.
She is supported by the Illinois and Chicagoland Chambers of Commerce, the Illinois State Rifle Association, Congressman Peter Roskam, Congressman Randy Hultgren, and many others.
“In an era where a small cadre dwell on destructive uninformed political mudslinging, it is reassuring to know that sensible people see past the empty attacks and focus on the issues,” said McConnaughay. “The voters of the Fox Valley area are smart enough to judge based on the facts and the candidates’ records.”
The 33rd Senate District includes northeastern Kane and southeastern McHenry Counties.