Multiple sources have contacted McHenry County Blog with the news that State Rep. Mark Beaubien’s widow Dee is telling people she is running for State Representative against Republican winner Dave McSweeney.
“There’s no doubt that she’s running,” one source who wished to remain anonymous said.
Whether she will run as an independent or a Democrat or on a specially-created third party has not yet been ascertained.
What is known is that Terry Cosgrove’s pro-abortion Political Action Committee, Personal PAC (the one that engineered my defeat in the 2002 GOP primary) will be the force behind Dee Beaubien’s campaign.
McSweeney is strongly Pro-Life.
The incoming Chairman of the House Republican Organization, State Rep. Ed Sullivan, wrote,
“I just wanted you to know on the record coming from the new Chairman of HRO that Tom Cross and HRO will be 100% with David McSweeney.”
Sullivan represents the eastern half of State Senator Dan Duffy’s district, while McSweeney is the Republican candidate in the western half.
Duffy has also drawn a female opponent backed by Personal PAC.
“I completely support David McSweeney, but I’m confused at Dee Beaubien’s entry into the race.
“If Dee Beaubien were interested in the race, why didn’t she run in the Republican primary, unless, of course, she’s not really a Republican as she as portrayed herself to be.”
The Beaubien campaign fund had $17,600 in it, as of the end of 2011.
During the last quarter of 2011, the fund made the following contributions:
- McHenry County Chairman’s Circle (controlled by Mike Tryon) – $500.00
- Committee to Elect Michelle Schurman, Mt. Carroll – $500
- Friends of Kay Hatcher (endorsed by Personal PAC) – $250
- Nunda Township Republican Central Committee – $250
- Citizens for Bryan Winter – $200
Since her husband’s death last June the Political Action Committee or Dee personally has made the following contributions:
- 11-7-11 Personal PAC – $600
- 10-14-11 Citizens to Re-Elect Bob Miller – $600
- 9-22-11 Personal PAC – $800
- 8-29-11 Citizens for Kent Gaffney – $8,381.65
- 8-24-11 Citizens for Kent Gaffney – $4,000
- 8-1-11 Personal PAC – $8,000