In my comparison of the resources of the Republican and Democratic Parties in McHenry County, I just revealed what is in the official party treasuries.
The Democrats look as if they have more. They reported having $7,620.53 at the end of March. I pointed out, that figure had already been augmented by their annual Jefferson Day Dinner.
The Republicans reported having $7,188.71 in the bank.
But, since at least McHenry County Treasurer Bill LeFew was Republican Party Chairman there has been a hidey hole for big contributors.
Current Chairman Mike Tryon calls his the McHenry County Chairman’s Circle (MCCC). It’s officers are
- Mike Tryon – Chairman
- Ken Koehler – Treasurer
Previously, Blake Hobson served as Vice Chairman.
The fund received $2,925 in contributions below the identification level and $8,625 above the $150 level.
$11,550 in all during the first three months of the year.
Below are the contributors made public:
- $1,200 – Robert & Paula Gray, Prairie Grove
- $1,200 – John & Heather Horeled, Crystal Lake
- $500 – Arlington Park Race Course, Arlington Heights
- $500- Citizens for Pamela Althoff, Crystal Lake
- $500 – Citizens for Beaubien, Barrington
- $500 – Mathewson Right of Way Company, Chicago
- $500 – Gary Overbay, Gary, Crystal Lake
- $500 – Republican Womens Club of McHenry County, McHenry
- $500 – Robert Stephenson, Barrington Hills
- $450 – Ernest & Cheryl Riggen, Morrison
- $450 – Committee to Elect Michael Tryon, Crystal Lake
- $400 – James F. Bishop PC, Crystal Lake
- $300 – AT&T Illinois Employee PAC, Chicago
- $300 – Susan Barkley, Crystal Lake
- $300 – Exemplar Financial Network, LLC, Crystal Lake
- $300 – George R. Greenlee, Crystal Lake
- $300 – Chas. Herdrich & Son, McHenry
- $300 – Innovative Component Sales, Inc., Huntley
- $300 – Heidi Kang, Algonquin, IL 60102
- $300 – Leslie Schermerhorn, Chicago
So what does Tryon spend this money on?
$1,054.59 on small stuff.
Here’s where the other $6,200 went:
- $5,582.25 – 1776 Restaurant, Crystal Lake, [Joe] Walsh Event
- $348.49 – AT&T, Aurora, Phone Charges
- $269.75 – Mailways Enterprises, Inc., Crystal Lake