Pick your school district (after signing) in.
Take a look at where the money goes from biggest to smallest vendor. You can put up to fifty vendors on a page.
I decided to look at Crystal Lake Grade School District 47.
- $7.9 million for insurance
- $7.3 million to IRS
- $4.4 million to the Teachers Retirement Fund
- $1.3 million to the Illinois Department of Revenue
- $1.3 million to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- $826,000 to Ameren Energy Resources
- $622,000 to Teachers Health Insurance
- $264,000 to CLETA (Crystal Lake Elementary Teachers Assoc.)
- $179,000 to Woodstock Comm School Dist 200
Those above are just some of the first 50 listed in descending order.
Farther down I found these:
$3,069.74 to the McHenry County Treasurer
- $3,016.00 to the Crystal Lake Country Club
- $2,520.00 to the Il Alliance Of Administrators Of Sp[ecial Education]
- $2,240 to Ohio State University
- $1,958 to former District 300 Board member Mary Warren (who teaches in District 47 now)
- $1,250 to William Blair & Company Llc
- $1,213.20 to American Mobile Shredding
- $1,059.96 to the Rockford Board of Education
Take a look at how one of your school districts does with your tax dollars.