More contestants have popped up for the Algonquin Township Trustee position left open when Joe Powalowski resigned.
The two are
- Bob Simpson from Crystal Lake
- Russell Cardelli from Algonquin
The deadline for filing applications was April 30th.
The appointment will be made by Algonquin Township Supervisor Dianne Klemm. It will have to be approved by the Algonquin Township Board.
Others who have applied for the Trustee slot are
- Robert Abraham, Lake In The Hills
- Charles A. Lutzow, Crystal Lake
- Thomas P. McDermott, Crystal Lake
- Catherine Nash, Algonquin
The pay for the last year of the term for Trustees will be $2,290.
All township positions throughout McHenry County will be up for election next spring.