Take a look at other parts of Illinois where parties are slating legislative candidates on this last day for filing party candidates. These are the ones posted by the State Board of Elections through about 2 PM on deadline day.
But no one filed from McHenry County to run against Democrat Jack Franks.
The local Republican Party is toothless.
Tonya Franklin wasn’t good enough, even though the leaders couldn’t find anyone else.
= = = = =
Right after the primary election, Republican Susan McSweeney of Park Ridge, who won a write-in contest for the GOP nomination for State Representative against Rosemary Mulligan, added her name to the official list of candidates.
On the 21st of May, Republican Rodney Davis of Taylorville filed papers for Congress as a replacement for retiring Tim Johnson in the 13th Congressional District.
Today, the deadline for major parties and independents to file, a deluge began:
- Edgar Montalvo of Tinley Park, Republican, 19th Senate District, against Michael Hastings
- Michael J. Bigler, an Anna Democrat filed in the 58th Senate District against incumbent David Leuchtfeld
- Democrat David Page of Arlington Heights filed against Senator Matt Murphy
- Republican Xavier “X” Roman of Chicago filed in the 17th Senate District against Democrat Donne Trotter, the Senate Democrat’s long-time budget guy
- Thomas T. Morris, another Chicago Republican filed to run against Democrat incumbent Ira S. Silverstein
- In the 1st Senate District Republican George MaYtek is running against Tony Munoz
- Juan Antonio Diaz, a Chicago Republican, is running for State Rep. in opposition to Democrat Barbara Flynn Curry in the 25th State Rep. District
- Chicago Republican Paul Minervino is challenging 14th District Democrat Kelly Cassidy
- Scott Campbell, a Chicago Republican, is taking on Senate President John Cullerton in the 6th District
- Roy Pletsch, another Chicago Republican is running in the 2nd State Rep. District against Edward Acevedo
- Democrat Richard S. Rudd of Palatine is challenging incumbent Republican Tom Morrison in the 54th State Rep. District
- Curt Renz, an Arlington Heights Democrat is running for State Rep. against David Harris
- Chicago Republican Kimberly Small is aiming to be on the ballot opposing disgraced Democrat Derrick Smith in the 10th State Rep. District
- Gregory A. Bedell of Glenview is running as a Republican against Democrat incumbent John C. D’Amico
- Chicago Republican Evelyn Reid is running in the 33rd State Rep. District against incumbent St. Rep. Marlow Colvin
- Frankfort Republican Joseph C. “Tuck” Marshall is stepping up to challenge Democrat Toi W.Hutchinson in the 40th Senate District
- Wanda Rohl, a Democrat from Ottawa, is running against Adam Kinzinger
- Rita Zak of Chicago is running as a Republican against Danny Davis
- DeKalb Democrat Thomas Boken Jr. is running in the open 90th State Rep. District against Republican Tom Demmer of Dixon
= = = = =
Later Monday, June 4th filings can be found here.