Tuesday Sheriff Deputy Zane Seipler’s wrongful termination case is back in Rockford Federal Court.
Seipler’s wife Rose is expected to testify about her posting information about disciplinary records on the internet.
But, she has been cooling her heels outside the courtroom waiting to do that for 2-3 days already and the attorneys seem to fill the time with endless questions, primarily of her husband.
Also waiting to testify are
- Scott Milliman, the Deputy fired by McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren after Nygren read his accusatory deposition in this Seipler case, and
- John Nelson, attorney for Mrs. Seipler for a time in this case.
Milliman’s deposition was leaked to the Northwest Herald, but no penalty is being considered for that indiscretion.
Meanwhile, the legal bills continue to mount, although not for McHenry County.
The County has an agreement with a risk management agency that limited legal fees to $100,000 for the year Seipler filed his case.
Nevertheless, the attorney’s representing the Sheriff’s Department continue to be paid well.
Through June, the fees paid are as follows:
- James G. Sotos – $815,571.13
- Ottosen, Britz, Kelly, Cooper – $39,439.87
- Caldwell, Berner and Caldwell – $25,901.10
The grand total before today’s billings?
The Sotos bills for June, when there was a day in court, have not been tallied.