But, that’s small change considering what has been deposited in Dave McSweeney’s campaign fund.
Pounded last week by attacks on his Pro-Life views by opponent Dee Beaubien, the Illinois Democratic Party and the pro-abortion Personal PAC, the Republican nominee for State Representative in the 52nd District has tapped some big contributors…including himself.
Jack Roeser kicked in a whopping $100,000.
How he can do that under the campaign finance limitation laws probably passed by Democrats specifically to prevent Roeser from doing so is beyond me, but that’s what the campaign disclosure report filed today says.
[Stratton's Ghost explains how this is possible below in a comment: "Dee declared herself a self-funder by surpassing the 100K limit therefore the new campaign finance laws do not apply." So, it's Katie bar the door as far as contributions go.]
$70,000 was put in by the candidate himself.
In addition, reported today were
- $20,000 – Hager Street Limited Partnership
- $2,500 – Associated Beer Distributors of America PAC
- $1,500 – James P. Bruner, Jacksonville
- $1,000 – Credit Union PAC
- $1,000 – Workers Compensation Lawyers Assoc.
- $1,000 – Associated General Contractors of Illinois