A press release from the McHenry County Circuit Court
24 APPLY FOR McHENRY COUNTY ASSOCIATE JUDGE POSITIONS
Michael J. Sullivan, Chief Judge, announced today that 24 attorneys have filed applications to become the next Associate Judges of the 22nd Judiciai Circuit.
The two Associate Judge vacancies are the result of the appointment of Associate Judge Michael W. Feetterer to the position of Circuit Judge, effective December 3, 2012, and the retirement of Associate Judge Gerald M. Zopp, Jr., effective December 31, 2012.
Among the attorneys seeking the appointment are soie practitioners:
- Neil O. Anderson of Spring Grove;
- Raymond N. Flavin of Woodstock;
- Robert T. Hanlon of Woodstock;
- Richard H. Jackson of Crystal Lake;
- Denise M. Kuzniewski of McHenry;
- Gerald P. Lenzen of Woodstock;
- George A. Mueller of Crystal Lake; and
- Mary H. Nader of McHenry.
Other appiâcants include
- Anne K. Brophy of Woodstock, a Deputy Staff Judge Advocate with the U.S. Army;
- Christopher M. Harmon of Richmond, an associate with the firm of Gummerson Rausch Wand Lee Wombacher, LLC; Mark R. Facchini of Crystal Lake, an associate with the firm of Donahue & Walsh, PC;
- Robert W. Fetzner of Crystai Lake, an associate with the firm of Buxton Si Kasper;
- Kristen N. Foiey of Woodstock, a Senior Assistant City Attorney with the City of Naperville;
- Adrian M. Gosch of Crystal Lake, an associate with the firm of Gummerson Rausch Wand Lee Wombacher, LLC; Cynthia D. Lamb of Buit Valiey, a partner with the firm of Campion Curran Lamb Si Cunabaugh, PC;
- James K. McBride of Johnsburg, a partner with the firm of Short & McBride;
- Jeannie M. Ridings of Crystal Lake, a partner with the firm of Kililis Ridings & Vonau, PC;
- Cynthia A. Schaupp of Algonquin, an attorney with the firm of Holland & Knight;
- Marjorie L. Worth of McHenry, a senior associate with the firm of Botto Gilbert Schottland Lancaster; and Salty J. Zimmerman of Woodstock, a partner with the firm of Cassiday Schade LLP.
Two McHenry County Assistant State’s Attorneys have also apptied, namely:
- Demetrios P. Tsìlimigras of Cary, and
- Norman D. Vinton of Crystal Lake;
along with one Winnebago County Assistant State’s Attorney
- Tiffany E. Davis of Woodstock, and
one Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney,
- Mary E. McClellan of McHenry.
The applicants will be interviewed by the Circuit Judges and they be jointly evaluated by the Illinois State Bar Association and the McHenry County Bar Association.
After the review process has been completed, the Chief Judge will request that the Director of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts initiate the balloting process.
Within 14 days of the Chief Judge’s request, the Director shall place the names of each candidate on a ballot in alphabetical order. The ballots will be mailed to each Circuit Judge.
Each Circuit Judge will complete the ballot by voting for one candidate for each vacancy.
The ballots must be returned to the Director within 14 days of the date on which the ballots were distributed.
The Director will count the ballots and tabulate the results and certify the results to the Chief Judge.
Public comment by letter is invited on or before November 20, 2012. Address correspondence to Chief Judge Michael J. Suilivan, McHenry County Government Center, 2200 North Seminary Avenue, Woodstock, IL 60098.