A comment from a previous article included these emailed suggestions for picket signs:
Make signs at warming center on your breaks1. Students First, NOT ADM
2. $ 6 million WASTED on ADM per year
3. Teacher concessions $3.4 million per year
4. Dr. Bregy is a Quack
5. Bregy mismanages D300 $
6. Stevens/Bregy are the problem
7. Less teachers, less coaches, less clubs WHY?
8. Teachers = Strong Students
9. ADM NOT the answer, teachers are the SOLUTION
11. Fire Bregy
12. Teachers for students
13. Support students, NOT ADM
14. Don’t trust Stevens, an insurance salesman
15. Support classroom environment, NOT ADM
16. We are schools, not a corporation
17. ADM does not teach students
18. 29 more ADM, 30 less teachers WHAT?
20. More layers of mangement, WRONG
21. VOTE STEVENS OUT
= = = = =
Note that suggestions 10 and 19 are missing. Are you as curious as I am as to what they were?
You will also note the evidence that the teachers union will be involved in next spring’s school board elections. Not that they have not been before…and not just in District 300.
The problem is that those representing the taxpayer side of the equation don’t have a large enough personal financial interest to run for school board.
But, just in case someone is interested in taking on the challenge, here is the link from the recruitment ad that is running on McHenry County Blog.