The newly-elected McHenry County Board Chairman Tina Hill has a letter that she has sent out to County Residents.You can read it below:
Dear McHenry County Resident:
On December 3 I was honored to be selected as the new McHenry County Board Chairwoman by my fellow County Board Members.
As only the third female to serve in this role in the County’s history, I am privileged to both lead the County Board and serve you over the next two years.
During this time, we will continue to make McHenry County a great place to live, work, and call home.
In my first few weeks as the Chairwoman, I have already begun work with my fellow Board Members to hit the ground running in 2013. Also, on December 3 we welcomed nine new County Board Members. The new members are:
- Yvonne Barnes (District 1)
- Nick Chirikos (District 1)
- Carolyn Schofield (District 2)
- Michael Walkup (District 3)
- Joseph Gottemoller (District 3)
- Bob Martens (District 4)
- Michael Skala (District 5)
- Michele Aavang (District 6)
These new members bring a welcome mix of experience and enthusiasm to the Board that will be invaluable as we tackle the challenges that face us in the New Year.
Currently, I am working with County Board Members on
- identifying organizational priorities for the coming year,
- meeting with regional transportation representatives to discuss issues facing the County, and
- engaging other stakeholders in the County on issues that affect them.
Before we embark on this exciting new journey, let me wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from myself and the entire McHenry County Board.
Tina R. Hill
County Board Chairwoman