A press release from “Iron Mike” Lesperance, one of three candidates for Nunda Township Road Commissioner. He and Rob Parrish are challenging incumbent Don Kopsell in the February Republican primary.
“Iron Mike” Lesperance Running for Nunda Township Highway Commissioner
After more than 30 years of running Iron Mike’s Excavating and a lifetime of community involvement, “Iron Mike” Lesperance announces his Republican candidacy for Nunda Township Highway Commissioner.
He believes he can bring fiscal responsibility to the Highway Department, eliminate unethical spending, and work closely with all township staff while leading by example. His resume attests to all of this and more.
Iron Mike’s Platform
Mike Lesperance believes our taxes are already too high, and the Highway Department will need to tighten its belt.
As Highway Commissioner, he will:
- Lower the township highway expenses by employing the best staff possible, maintain equipment to stretch the years of available service, use competitive bids every time and do as much work in house as possible.
- Eliminate unethical and unnecessary spending.
- Work directly with his crews (when possible), leading by example and developing a code of conduct that all Highway Department employees will be expected to adhere to.
Iron Mike’s Resume
Mike started Iron Mike’s Excavating over thirty years ago.
His company has employed up to twenty persons and still enjoys great success.
His hands-on leadership and training style allow him to easily motivate his employees and maximize cost efficiency.
His experiences include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Managing, supervising and overseeing sub-contractors and employees.
- Office responsibilities including plan reading, bidding, invoicing, maintaining accurate paperwork & documentation, record keeping, payroll and permitting.
- Residential, commercial and industrial excavating.
- Road maintenance, sewer & water work, supervising landscaping & lawn maintenance.
- Husband and father of three, fourth generation Eagle Scout & donor, Katrina relief work & donor, NRA lifetime member, youth athletics coach and donor, former Chairmen of Wauconda Evangelical Free Church Missions Board.
For more information on Iron Mike Lesperance’s campaign, or info on how to vote for Highway Commissioner, please visit VoteIronMike.com, call Mike at (815) 385-2523 or email him at [email protected] Thank you for taking an interest in our community!