A press release from Crystal Lake’s Larry Emery, who is running in the Republican primary election for Algonquin Township Trustee:
Emery to be Walking for Algonquin Township Trustee
Announcing his candidacy for Algonquin Township Trustee is Larry Emery of Crystal Lake.
He has indicated a concern to work for fiscal responsibility and willingness to focus with the township to make sure every dollar spent is a value to all of us.
“As I walked the Algonquin precincts during the summer and fall to support candidates Mc Sweeney, Kurtz, Koehler, Schofield, and others, “ said Emery, “I will continue to walk and talk in our precincts to learn of concerns/issues that will help me take the necessary actions required as a trustee.”
“We must do our part as good stewards in government to maximize return for every dollar given to us.
“This means elected officials NOT taking increase wages when the economy does not warrant.” Emery continued.
“The 2012 board did freeze the township elected official wages for 2013 and 2014, but voted themselves raises in 2015 and 2016. Now is the time for salary review to make cuts, not raises.”
“Starting with the February 26th, 2013 primary, your involvement and vote is needed to help with setting the stage of direction for our local government bodies.
“The 2013 election year is now upon us. After many turbulent and hotly contested races in 2012, the ‘off year’ election may not have the glamour, but it is extremely important to our municipal, education, and township forms of government.”
He believes that every vote does count.
“Please vote at the 2013 Primary election February 26th.” continued Emery,
“We all must affect the sphere of influence that we have to each other if change is to be made for the good for all. Just as I found an error incorrectly stating our 2011 rate in the 2012 Annual Report while attending the October monthly meeting, I will be diligent to verify the township will have the tax payers best interest in the decision making process.”
He is also endorsing fellow candidate Melissa Sanchez for trustee.
She is a conservative, young professional lady working in Springfield during the week for our state government and home on the weekends with her family and friends.
She would be an excellent addition to our Algonquin Township board.
To achieve these actions, he indicated he will focus as a citizen, businessman, and government servant of Algonquin Township as a trustee through:
- Taxes: NO additional taxes. “I will vote to cut expenditures by at least 1% to Help Hold the Line at 99%. I will use my 33 years of business experience to help eliminate any waste and confirm all services are meeting the goals established by the township for our citizens. Each yearly budget must be justified.”
- Salaries: NO raises for elected official until economic situation requires or job responsibilities warrant an increase. “In fact, we need some of the positions to have salary cuts. I will work with all township teams to maintain services and improve effectiveness of established services without voting raises for elected officials.”
- Checks and Balances: “I will certify that there is appropriate spending of all township funds and they are balanced and accurate to levy. I will work with the other elected officials of the township to confirm budgets are properly managed to committed funds. I will offer my advice to review and make recommendations as a businessman and a concerned citizen.”
Please contact him at [email protected] for questions or your interest of supporting him.
Here are a few personal informational points about Larry Emery.
22 Year Resident of McHenry County, Algonquin Township in Crystal Lake
- McHenry County Republican Election Judge
- McHenry County Algonquin Township 66 Republican Committeeman
- McHenry County Deputy Registrar
- Delegate for 2012 Illinois Republican State Convention
- Owner of HSMS Consulting Crystal Lake, IL; Business consulting putting our Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength into a short or long term projects to improve the areas of Product Sales Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, or Employee Training for our customers. Business started January 2012.
- Manager for Sears, Roebuck, and Company, HomeLife Furniture, and Sears Holdings for 33 years working in many aspects of the business world including field management, buying, warehouse operations, customer service, headquarter support, system development, and training. Retired 2011 to start HSMS Consulting
- Interests and activities include Vocal Music, Golf, Skiing, competitive Karate, and church/family events. Associated with Harvest Bible Church of Crystal Lake, Focus Martial Arts of Lake in the Hills
- Graduate from Bowling Green State University, Ohio with Bachelors of Science in Business and Education
- Married 33 years to his wife Pamela, with two adult children, Jon and Heather