A press release from Maggie Haney, who is running for Johnsburg Village President and who was attacked in a Village-paid press release:
HANEYS RESPOND TO VILLAGE OF JOHNSBURG’S MARCH 8, 2013 PRESS RELEASE POSTED ON TAX PAYER PAID WEBSITE
Frank and Margaret Haney have been Johnsburg residents for over 35 years, have raised their children, supported the schools, operated their business, and like every other resident paid their taxes.
Their history of Johnsburg supersedes the annexation by Sunnyside, and all the changes both good and bad that have occurred since the annexation.
On Friday March 8, 2013, the Haney’s were saddened but not surprised that the Administration from the Village of Johnsburg posted a defamatory and libelous press release, once again a clear misuse of the tax payers hard earned money, with no regard to truth, law, ethics or integrity.
As Benjamin Franklin said: Facts are stubborn things!
- Fact: The Haneys were in a property dispute with the Village of Johnsburg.
- Fact: The Haneys received an unfavorable ruling in the civil court in McHenry County in August 2012.
- Fact: The Haneys did send Freedom of Information requests to the Village of Johnsburg.
- Fact: The Village of Johnsburg’s responses to the FOIAS sent proved that the Village of Johnsburg was not following the Illinois laws governing municipalities as they refer to the duties, reporting and expenditures of tax payer money.
- Fact: During the litigation the Haneys exercised their Due Process Rights to initiate Discovery.
- Fact: The Haneys did uncover alleged forgery and perjury in the civil court proceeding.
- Fact: The Haneys did present their evidence to various Law Enforcement Agencies for Investigation, including but not limited to the Illinois State Police.
- Fact: The Attorney for the Village of Johnsburg did not file a Petition for Final Fees to re-coup the legal bills. The Attorney filed Sanctions in the Trial Court which included the FOIAS sent by the Haneys as citizens. In November 2012, the Sanctions were denied.
- Fact: The Citizen Participation Act protects citizens when exercising their right to participate in government.
- Fact: Grand Jury Subpoena(s) are not issued by litigants in Civil Court.
- Fact: Grand Jury Subpoena(s) are only issued in a Criminal Court proceeding or Criminal Investigation.
- Fact: The Haneys did not file in the appellate court.
- Fact: Transparency does not cost money. Refusal to comply with Freedom of Information requests does cost the tax payers money.
- Fact: Cooperating with law enforcement investigations does not cost tax payers money. Refusal to comply with law enforcement investigation does cost tax payers money.
- Fact: Cooperating with law enforcement investigations does not result in Grand Jury Subpoena(s). Not cooperating with law enforcement investigations does result in Grand Jury Subpoena(s).
Margaret Haney did decide to run for President of the Village of Johnsburg.
Her frustrating experience as a citizen in Johnsburg during the last few years fighting for
- Honesty in Government
branded her platform as she quickly heard that other residents in Johnsburg have faced similar circumstances. As a business woman, an “outsider” to politics, she is committed to getting back to basics and down to business. Maggie is dedicated to following all the laws set forth to protect all the assets within the Village while protecting all the property rights for all citizens in Johnsburg.
VOTERS IN JOHNSBURG HAVE A CLEAR CHOICE ON APRIL 9, 2013.
THEY CAN VOTE FOR THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION THAT IGNORES THE LAWS IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS
AND IGNORES THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE RESULTING IN A SUBPOENA TO A GRAND JURY* OR THEY CAN VOTE FOR MAGGIE HANEY COMMITTED TO TRANSPARENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND OLD FASHIONED “GOOD GOVERNMENT.”
THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT PAID FOR BY TAX PAYER MONEY
*Per the 3-8-13 Press Release by the Village of Johnsburg. FOIA sent requesting a copy of the Grand Jury Subpoena is being blocked by new appointed attorney for the Administration.
= = = = =
The press release from the Village and what happened at Thursday night’s meeting can be found here.
Trustee Ron Zanko’s reaction to the Village press release can be found here.