On his web site Walsh Freedom, former Congressman, now talk show host Joe Walsh outlines steps to save Illinois. I have to admit that he is more optimistic than I.
I think Mike Madigan, while a consummate politician, must take blame for the downward spiral of Illinois during his decades-long rule.
In any event, here’s Joe Walsh’s prescription:
How To Save Illinois in Eight Simple Steps
- Eliminate the individual state income tax and the state corporate tax.
- Give every parent in the state a school voucher to send their children to whatever school they want to send them to — public, private, religious, or home.
- Place every government employee on a defined contribution, 401(k) style retirement plan.
- Begin immediately tapping into our natural gas and oil reserves.
- Eliminate township governments.
- Give every law-abiding adult the right to carry a concealed weapon.
- Have a federal prosecutor investigate how Michael Madigan and his legal clients have benefited financially at taxpayer expense from his role as Speaker.
- Tell Judy Barr Topinka to retire.
= = = = =
In his Quincy Tea Party appearance, Walsh says, “We have lost Illinois.”