Sandbags available in Fox River Grove
Due to the recent amount of rainfall experienced in the Village over the last 48 hours, various locations throughout town are flooding. The Village has sand and bags available to residents if needed. These bags are not prepacked with sand but both bags and sand are available to residents free of charge.
They can be picked up at either the water tower located at Algonquin Road and Grove Avenue or at the park at Lincoln Avenue and North River Road.
Don’t flush your toilets in old Lakewood
I got a phone call saying that there might be sewer backups in the part of Lakewood served by the Crystal Lake Sewage Treatment Plant.
After talking with a village employee, I’m assuming that infiltration into the sanitary sewer pipes is occuring.
That strikes me as strange because we had them lined with plastic pipes.
Here is what is on the Village web site:
HEAVY RAIN UPDATE: 04/18/13
Note that the less water used in your home, the greater capacity there is in the sewer system to decrease the possibility for raw sewage to back up into your home.
Please minimize water use to the greatest extent possible!
Call Village Hall at 815/459-3025 if you have any questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
Nunda Township Seeks Sandbaggers
From Township Trustee Mike Shorten:
I’m sending this message out to a multitude of contact lists so if you are out of the area or receive this message multiple times, I do apologize.
With all of the recent rain the Fox River had gone up over 2-1/2 and as a result many homes are at risk of flooding.
Nunda Township’s Highway department is helping by filling sandbags at the Township Offices for delivery to residents who’s homes are at risk. Because of the urgency of the situation the Highway Department is working around the clock and they are looking for willing and able volunteers who can help.
If you are available even for an hour or two to come out and help with the effort, volunteers will be welcome at the Highway Commissioner’s office located at 3518 Bay Road in Crystal Lake.
Thank you for your consideration and I hope to see you out there tonight!
4 PM Road Conditions
• Kemman Rd. North of Vander Karr Rd. (Roadway washed out)
• Maxon Rd. between Oak Grove Rd. and Graf Rd. Chemung
• Riverside Road at Brentwood, McHenry
• Jankowski Rd between Billingsgate and Raycraft Rd, Greenwood Township
• Coon Creek Rd, entire Road closed, Marengo
• Carls Road, between Hartman Road, Grossen Road, Marengo
• Grange Road, west of Blissdale Rd to County Line Rd, Marengo
• Burma Road, between Grange Road to the 6100 block, Marengo
• Jackson Road, west of Burma Rd to County Line Rd, Marengo
High Standing Water:
• Algonquin Rd between IL RT 31 and Pyott Rd. Algonquin
• Route 20 at County Line Rd, Marengo
• River Rd. between Route 23 and Squire Rd., Marengo
• Route 23 at Olbrich Rd., Marengo
• Route 23 at Collins Road, Marengo
• Oak Grove Rd. between Route 173 and Wright Rd., Harvard
• Route 47 at Hercules Rd., Woodstock
• Sunnyside Rd at Perkins Rd, Woodstock
• Route 31 at Ringwood Rd., Ringwood
• Route 12 at Wilmot Rd., Spring Grove
• Wright Rd, Prairie Grove
• Route 176 at Buhl Rd., Prairie Grove
• Riverdale Rd and Dee Dr., Island Lake
• State Line Rd, between Lilja Rd and Weidner Rd
• County Line Road at Rt 173, Harvard
• Fleming Road between Bull Valley Road & Country Club Rd, Woodstock
• Ramer Road at Oak Grove Road, Harvard
• River Road between McHenry Dam Road and Fernview Road, McHenry
• Kishwaukee Valley Road at Noe Road, Marengo
• Rt 176 west of Terra Cotta Road
• Queen Anne Road between Rt 120 and Bull Valley Road
• College at Uteg, Crystal Lake
• Mary at Union, Crystal Lake
• Northshore at East, Crystal Lake