Unidentified as to source, the following is the ten-week Northwest Herald’s advertising plan for the
McHenry County College Advertising Campaign Brief
“Know MCC. Know Me.”
April 18, 2013
McHenry County College (MCC) recently launched a new brand, with a goal of improving the College’s identity and
dispelling myths and fallacies about the institution. With the recent focus in the community around the College’s role,
importance and decision making, this is an opportune time to reinforce the new brand, as well as position its people and
programs as human and important.
- Community members.
- New potential students.
- Reinforce brand
- Heighten awareness of positives the College brings to the community
- Humanize organizational leadership and those who impact our students and community members on a daily basis
- Encourage participation in community forums
- Highlight the different type of students who attend MCC
- I am just like you.
- Know MCC. Know me.
A two-month campaign featuring weekly ad spots in print and online, rotating between MCC employees, trustees, students and alumni. The online presence will consist of a small display ad with a teaser linking back to a new webpage on the website: www.mchenry.edu/knowmcc. This webpage will contain stories/profiles of each of the people featured in print- possibly more, which we could include as a footer on each ad: “Read more stories at…”
- Week of April 22 – Dr. Vicky Smith
- Week of April 29 – Student (Joe Bilodeau?)
- Week of May 6 – Board Chair/Trustee
- Week of May 13 – Dr. Tony Miksa
- Week of May 20 – Student Trustee
- Week of May 27 – Leader in Student Affairs (Marianne Devenny, etc.)
- Week of June 3 – Student
- Week of June 10 – Member of Faculty
- Week of June 17 – Alumnus
- Week of June 24 -Leader in Student Services (Special Needs, Sage or Student Life)