Woodscreek Park on the south side Ackmann Road in Crystal Lake is set for a makeover.
As described by Planner Ann Viger,
“The grant is for $400,000 toward a $1 million project to renovate Woodscreek Park in 2014.
“It is part of the Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Program administered by IDNR [Illinois Department of Natural Resources] and funded by real estate transfer taxes.
“Components of the project include:
- playground replacement
- addition of a splash pad
- addition of a bocce court
- addition of a baggo court
- installation of a second fishing pier
- installation of a second tennis court
- expansion of the parking lot
- partial shoreline restoration
“A neighborhood meeting was held two years ago to get input for the master plan.
“A follow up meeting will be held this summer to get into the details now that the grant was approved.
“The park is 40 acres in size and will be 22 years old when the project is started.”